GED Prep | High School Diploma Prep | College & Career Prep
* Enhance your Reading, Writing & Math Skills *
Registration is ongoing!
We know how difficult it can be finding time to prepare for the GED test. That's why we offer GED Prep Online with LIVE teacher support. You can Study ANYTIME, ANYWHERE!
Study online using a top GED prep eLearning program. Study anywhere you have internet access. Come to our classroom/lab to use our computers and to get live teacher support! This is the perfect work-around for people with difficult schedules!
Live Support/Class / Lab times:
- Mon - Thurs | 8:30 am - 11:45 am
- Mon - Thurs | 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- Tue & Thurs | 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm
- Fee: $30 for 10-week access
Math for GED, High School Diploma & Accuplacer Prep
- Mon & Wed | 5:30 - 8:00pm
- We’ll begin by working with fractions, measurments and order of operations and cover percentages, proportions, statistics,
algebra, geometry, and more; everything you’ll need to pass the GED Math test and place into a higher math class in college.
- This class is FREE
Workplace and Academic Reading
- Morning class: Mon-Thur | 8:30 - 11:15am Evening class: Tue & Thur 5:30pm - 8:00pm
- After this class you’ll have a stronger vocabulary and will read with more clarity and fluency. You’ll learn strategies to help you remember and be able to explain what you’ve read.
Workplace and Academic Writing
- Tue & Thur | 11:45 - 1:45pm
- This class will help you to write with better grammar and to construct more effective sentences. You will write about topics you use in school as well as on the job.
DID YOU KNOW THE NEW GED TEST REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE COMPUTER SKILLS?
Test-takers must be able to…
- Read information on a computer screen (most screens will be split-screens)
- Use the scroll bar to move the screen
- Go to different screens using tab buttons/links
- Move back and forth between screens
- Use the mouse to select items and respond to questions
- Use the mouse to drag-and-drop small images, numerical expressions, words, or short phrases
- Use drop-down menus
- Use an on-screen scientific calculator (TI 30XS)
- Use an on-screen highlighting and dry erase tool
- Use on-screen tools for “scratch paper” – no actual scratch paper will be allowed
- Type short sentences and paragraphs
- Use the basic word processing tools: cut, copy, paste, undo, and redo to complete the writing sample.
GED TESTING CENTERS NEAREST UNION CITY
Fremont Adult School
4700 Calaveras Avenue
Fremont, CA 94538-1124
Hayward Adult School
Hayward, CA 94541
Castro Valley Adult School
4430 Alma Avenue
Castro Valley, CA 94546
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE GED TEST, PLEASE VISIT GED.COM