The Career Skills Center Lab gives students an opportunity to work independently on skills and tasks necessary achieve achiever your college and career goals.
(Placement assessment IS required)
Enrollment is on-going!
If Keyboarding only, placement assessment NOT required
Some online courses require an additional
- Tue 11:45 – 2:30pm, NOW through Mar 28th
- Thur 5:30 – 8:30pm, NOW through Mar 30th
- Wed 11:45 – 3:00pm, April 12 – May 31
- Wed 5:30 – 8:30pm, April 12 – May 31
Independent Learning in...
- Keyboarding/Typing skills | 10-key skills | Computer Skills / Word, Excel, PowerPoint 2010 | Your personal résumé | Personal job search and job applications
- College and financial aid applications | Homework from adult school or community college classes | Or take any college & career related online course.
Starting June 2017 The computer lab will be equipped with
- MS Word 2016, MS Excel 2016
- MS PowerPoint 2016, MS Access 2016
- OneNote 2016
- Quickbooks 2015
- Web cameras w/ microphones
- OPAC Certification Testing
- And Coming soon... VoiceThread
About the Career Skills Center Lab Class
- Students will work INDEPENDENTLY. This means without a teacher or a tutor. An instructor will be in the room to assist with minor trouble-shooting problems. Students MUST be able to work independently in this class.
- Enrollment is required and regular attendance is strongly encouraged.
- If the class becomes full you may lose your seat due to irregular attendance
- Cost: $20.00 (or $10.00 if combined with another course)
Partial list of some ONLINE and Open Courses we recommend